Women Build Business
Confidence and Focus to Dream Big and make it happen
Confidence for Business Women
One day workshop plus 5 week online programme
Have you ever wished…
- You could pitch your case better to a potential client?
- You felt more confident to stand up and talk in front of a crowd?
- You were comfortable giving and receiving feedback?
- You had more resilience to pick yourself up when you have a knockback?
- You could feel more certain you were doing the right thing and stop doubting yourself?
- You were more confident managing areas that are not your specialism? (like all the business stuff that isn't what you actually DO or are great at!)
- You could replace anxiety with calmness?
- You felt more comfortable at networking?
- You were confident going into a potentially difficult meeting?
- You had more self-assurance?
Then this programme, Confidence for Business Women, is for you.
For women business owners, managers, leaders and freelancers in all sectors.
Focus on confidence in work
Refreshments and Lunch included
Highly participative and fun in a safe, informal, supportive and interactive environment
Gives you tools and knowledge to gain confidence and increase presence at work
Online self-study programme plus 5 group coaching webinars.
Confidence is about your mindset. Healthy confidence means you accurately assess your ability to do something (whether it is a task or relation to other people or about change, risk and uncertainty) and that knowledge instils assurance and a positive emotion for you to be your best self. The more accurate your assessment, the more successful you will be in each undertaking, which positively reinforces your healthy confidence. How much would you like to achieve that?
Join this course and find out how to be confident in a way that suits you and is your fuel for action. Learn how to get your brain in the right frame of mind. We focus on confidence in business but it will also have a positive effect on your life in general.
This programme includes three strands, which we start on the full day live session and continue over the online self-study programme with five live coaching webinars (usually one per week). Becoming confident involves creating good habits, so the extended period gives you the chance to create momentum and be confident consistently.
1. Mindset. Confidence is part of your mindset. So what gets your brain in the right frame of mind to act? Recent developments in neuroscience have provided evidence to show the connection of mind and body. We explore the things you can do to influence your brain’s chemistry and emotions, so you can be both more confident and more resilient.
2. Knowledge and self-awareness. Self-assurance comes from being comfortable with yourself and that starts with truly knowing yourself and what you stand for. We include many tools and exercises for you to deeply know this. You don’t need to be loud and display all your accomplishments to the world, and show off. You just have to know and feel a quiet pride and let your body language speak for itself.
3. Assessing. The programme includes tools so you are grounded and rational in your assessment of your capabilities – so your assessment accurately matches your true ability and you build a healthy confidence. Knowing your assessment is accurate reassures you that you are not being over confident or arrogant, and helps you stop underplaying your capabilities, so you can truly achieve your full potential.
Confidence gives you the power to do more and to do it better.
Confidence puts the sparkle and fizz in your life.
This is an inspiring and fun day where you try out different tools and techniques that can easily be incorporated into your life to gain the confidence you desire. You work with Sue and each other, sharing experiences and learnings to enhance your knowledge and use of the tools. At the end of the day you will have created your own personal action plan including the key factors for when you feel confident, the key elements you want to change and choosing the tools that work best for you to build your confidence and presence.
What really makes the difference, however, is putting it all into practice and developing a new habit of being confident. That’s why you get the online development programme, so you can become naturally confident.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Know what confidence means to you and the impact it has, and could have for you, at work and in your life.
- Know yourself – your values, your strengths, your working style, your motivators.
- Know what makes you flourish.
- Create your inspiring vision for your life (and your business if you have your own business).
- Recognise what drains your confidence and how to manage your state so you can be confident.
- Overcome nerves and self doubt when you’re outside your comfort zone.
- Achieve more in your life by seizing opportunities before they pass you by.
- Feel more motivated and positive when you’re under pressure.
- Feel more in control of your life and find a healthy work/life balance.
- Change your perception of failure and value the feedback and learning opportunities.
- Choose and regularly practice the confidence building techniques that work best for you. Including being able to work to your strengths, connect with your passions and manage your self talk.
- Start being the confident person you really want to be – confident in yourself, confident as a leader and confident in your work and/or business.
- Believe you CAN and Dare to do it.
What does it cover? This is a life changing programme including a full day highly interactive workshop and continuing online group coaching with:
- Pre-course Activity: start some self-awareness raising tools so that you gain even more benefit during the workshop.
- Learning practical tools, tips and techniques for improving your confidence, with practical daily activities to train your confident mindset.
- Understanding confidence is a state of mind and a feeling, or emotion and the way to learn confidence involves learning to change the ways you think, feel and do things.
- Understanding growth mindset and positive thinking.
- Recognising when you hold limiting beliefs and how to reframe them.
- Knowing what triggers your lack of confidence.
- What to do when you feel you are lacking confidence – how to stop your doubts, weaknesses and limiting beliefs dragging you down.
- How to create a confident state when you lack confidence.
- Supporting confidence through body language, tone, words and appearance.
- How you can continue to develop your confidence through your personal action plan.
The Build Your Confidence Online Programme includes
- your private online account with learning tools, coaching questions and videos.
- five weekly group coaching webinars to sustain your motivation and inspiration. 1.5hr live webinars at 6:30-8pm (UK time, usually on Mondays) which are recorded for you to see again or catch up.
Continue the programme to become consistently confident from the comfort of your own home - no need to travel into Edinburgh. Make the most of your private online account, all the tools and techniques, and five interactive live webinars, where you can share your progress and ask questions, to keep you motivated and create momentum to be consistently confident. More information about the online programme here.
Creating momentum is vital for building confidence and that's why we include the online programme. We REALLY want you to succeed and this will help you create positive habits for being more confident.
Choose your programme:
Early Bird rate ends
22 February 2015
15th Jan 2015
Please contact us to arrange a programme
Open Workshop Venue St Andrew's Square, Edinburgh.
Reserve your spot now - places are limited to 12 to ensure you get the most out of the programme and group dialogue.
1. Click here to download the application document
2. Click the sign up button to send Sue an email to register and attach your completed form. Or just email the form to email@example.com
Early bird rate £447 + VAT = £536.40
Standard rate £647 + VAT = £776.40
IMPORTANT! If you are applying for FTO grant funding for 50% of the fees, you must apply BEFORE paying for the course. Email NOW with your application form to hold your place while your grant is approved.
Email Sue on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
If you have a business registered in Scotland with less than 100 employees, or are a sole trader or freelancer, you should be eligible for a flexible training opportunities (FTO) grant through Skills Development Scotland for up to 50% of the cost. The training must be paid for by the business and only after you receive approval for funding.
We will be delighted to guide you through the paperwork. Download the application form from the website to check eligibility and apply. http://www.ourskillsforce.co.uk/funding-for-skills/flexible-training-opportunities/
A taste of what others have said about attending Sue’s training and courses. The average rating in our feedback forms for the Confidence for Business Women course is 3.9 out of 4, where 4 is 'excellent'.
"I enjoyed the interactive exercises and will keep a stronger focus on the positive, not let recent events shadow my natural nature."
"Lovely laid back approach."
"This programme was very relevant for me in my job and career. I liked the insight into the physical and emotional reaction, and the small group / group exercises format. Developing the anchor technique and the positive mindset was very helpful for me and I will use them in future to choose to be more confident."
"I liked the interactional activities and thinking on your feet. Learning the anchoring technique was the highlight for me and I will incorporate it and other points from the workshop in my daily life."
"The discussion sessions worked well for me and I found the values exercise most interesting. I will try to be more aware and use the power poses in future to be more confident."
"All of the 'Confidence for Business Women' workshop was good and useful. This was the first time I understood the notion of values and relation to beliefs and the relation of beliefs to wellbeing. Transforming negative beliefs was particularly useful. What will I do differently as a result of today's workshop? I will think with my heart and notice more where I am making myself believe a lie."
"I found the ideas and exercises most useful, especially the tools to change and practise being more confident. I will now be more aware of body language and conscious thinking, and work out my values to help make choices."
"I found the skills for improving control and visualisation most useful. The positive aspects part of confidence made me realise I've got more to give than I thought."
"I found the body language awareness most useful especially about the image it presents and power poses. I liked having the techniques to think positively and confidently. As a result of today's workshop I will be more conscious of my language and self talk, to make sure I have confident thoughts."
"I liked the exercises and having time to think about things."
"The whole thing worked well for me and I thought the small group worked well."
"Really enjoyed the discussions."
"Found it most useful to take time to reflect on what is causing stress, and planning, building confidence. I will now plan ahead to be prepared for difficult situations and try to look at stressful situations from a different angle."
"Very well organised and allowed room for us to contribute."
"Really enjoyed the workshop and got a lot out of it. eg: identifying that I would like to set new goals and the need for self-recognition and identifying when to accept praise. I will have a more focused, positive outlook on life – work is not everything!"
"It is really good to get a reminder of our awareness. The workshop was well delivered and having to answer questions and think about things I don't know the answer to worked well for me."
“Working with values was enjoyable and at the same time challenging to make myself really think it through. This is all helping me be much clearer on what I want to do and how I am making decisions."
“The relaxed atmosphere of the session and the confidence of the speaker made it work well. I enjoyed the learning experience and sharing of ideas within the group."
"The resources available and the course notes / workbooks were very comprehensive."
"I have more confidence and am more effective in my role in general as a result of the course. I liked the opportunity to meet colleagues from different areas of the organisation and sharing experiences and learning new skills."
"It helped me think in a different way."
"I found it interesting speaking with other people about their views/experiences. Now I want to realise my own goals and try to get there."
"I liked the varied activities – interaction with other members of the group / accepting praise. What I will do differently as a result of today's workshop: put plans in place to achieve goals."
"Found the whole motivating and refreshing."
"Excellent detail and open group discussions."
"A reminder of how much we can affect change in our lives."
Contact Sue at Aeona today to see how our programmes will benefit you.
Call today in confidence
for a no obligation chat or to arrange a strategy session.
Tel: 0845 6436 084 or +44 1875 830708
Mobile: 07809 672859
"If you only look at what is, you might never attain what could be." Anonymous